The 2017 Jaguar XF Performance Features
Sleek, comfortable, and filled with enviable features that have already have experts clamoring for a test-drive, the 2017 Jaguar XF promises to keep that reputation alive, bringing Wayne, PA and Melbourne, PA drivers the performance power and handling they demand. Read on for the details, then stop by Jaguar West Chester to get behind the wheel yourself.
Drivers can choose between three potent engines to power the 2017 Jaguar XF:
- Gasoline V6 – The base engine is a 3.0L supercharged V6 powerplant paired with an 8-speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission. Together, this combination generates 340 hp and as much as 332 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
- S-Type V6 – Also available is a 3.0L V6 supercharged motor specifically tuned for the XF S. This all-aluminum engine creates 380 hp and 339 lb.-ft. of torque when mated to the 8-speed automatic transmission.
- Diesel 4-Cylinder – For diesel lovers, there is the 180-hp turbocharged 4-cylinder diesel powerplant which is also mated to the 8-speed automatic transmission to deliver up to 318 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
All three engines can be paired with either the RWD or AWD drivetrains to allow drivers to customize their model’s responsiveness.
Other Performance Features
While impressive engines are essential for moving the XF forward, it’s only part of the equation. The model’s appeal goes much deeper, with innovative design, lightweight materials, and advanced handling characteristics that take the XF to another place entirely:
- Aluminum Architecture – The extensive use of lightweight metals in the advanced aluminum-intensive architecture not only improves the model’s fuel efficiency, but also brings drivers more responsive handling and improved safety when inside the cabin.
- Instinctive AWD – The Instinctive All-wheel Drive system features innovative software which allows the Jaguar to respond automatically and intelligently to changing road conditions for improved handling even on winter roads.
- Adaptive Response – The optional Adaptive Surface Response system automatically recognizes the difference in road surfaces and adjusts engine power accordingly, providing just the right balance of energy and grip to maintain maximum traction.
- All-Surface Progress Control – Standard to all trims, the ASPC system offers additional traction assistance to wheels that slip, helping drivers to more confidently navigate slippery surfaces.
- Adaptive Dynamics – The XF features electronically controlled dampers that automatically modify the vehicle’s response as conditions and driving style change, ensuring an optimized driving experience.
- Configurable Systems – The optional configurable dynamics system allows the driver to adjust the steering, gearshift, engine, and suspension systems via the in-dash touchscreen interface, allowing drivers to save their personal settings or modify the pre-optimized settings.
- Power-Assisted Steering – The Jaguar exclusive electric power-assisted steering system calibrates the amount of power the wheel exerts at every turn by monitoring road conditions and driver input to ensure proper responsiveness at every turn.
Schedule a Test-Drive of the 2017 Jaguar XF Performance Features Near Wayne, PA and Melbourne, PA Today
To learn more about the new 2017 Jaguar XF performance features, or to schedule your Wayne, PA or Melbourne, PA test-drive, contact Jaguar of West Chester at (800) 446-8180 today. You can visit our showroom at 1568 West Chester Pike, in West Chester, PA.