2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe vs. 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe
Porsche 718 Cayman
Both the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe and the 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman give Wayne and Newtown Square, PA drivers access to heated leather seats, potent engines, advanced telematics, and upscale design features, but there are significant differences too. When we reviewed the power, performance, capacity, and selection between the two, it became very clear that one offered far more than its competitor. See what we discovered when we measured them side by side, then stop by Jaguar of West Chester to test-drive the winner today.
How Much Power Do You Desire?
You buy a performance luxury car because you want power and the ability to attack the road aggressively. One of these cars does that better than the other:
- 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe: The Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe base trim is powered by the 3.0L Supercharged V6 powerplant mated to either an 8-speed QuickShift ZF automatic transmission or the responsive 6-speed manual ZF transmission. This powerplant delivers as much as 340 hp and up to 332 lb.-ft. of peak torque to the rear wheels. Other engines offered include the 380-hp supercharged V6, the 550-hp supercharged V8, and a 575-hp supercharged V8, which is available exclusively on the SVR trim.
- 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman: The 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman is powered by a 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder powerplant mated to a 6-speed manual transmission capable of returning 300 hp and 280 lb.-ft. of peak torque. Porsche also offers a 2.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder capable of 350 hp.
How Much Space Do You Need?
There are obvious differences in the interior capacity of the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE and the 2017 Porsche Cayman, which can make a significant difference when making practical use of the vehicle:
- 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe: The compact two-seat Jaguar provides access to as much as 11.0 cubic feet of cargo capacity, allowing drivers to pack for a weekend away – or a game of golf with two players – without displacing their passenger.
- 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman: The two-seater Porsche Cayman offers a cramped interior with only 9.7 cubic feet of cargo capacity, which can make carrying even the smallest parcels a challenge.
Are You Fond of Selection?
When it comes to providing drivers with abundant choices, one vehicle strives to go beyond the basic:
- 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe: The Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe is available in seven different trim styles that allow drivers to fully customize their driving experience to suit their lifestyle and their personality. Drivers can even opt for a stunning convertible also available in seven trims, should they want something a little more daring.
- 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman: The Porsche Cayman lets drivers choose from a wide array of colors, but only offers two trim levels; the Base and the S. There is no convertible version, so if drivers want to drop the top, they must choose a different Porsche model.
What Kind of Protection Do You Want?
Both the Jaguar and the Porsche are designed to be enjoyed, but one offers driver’s better protection should something go awry:
- 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe: The brand’s basic warranty covers the vehicle for 5-years and 60,000-miles, as does the drivetrain warranty. Drivers also enjoy EliteCare which covers scheduled maintenance, roadside assistance, and the vehicle’s onboard infotainment system for the length of the basic warranty.
- 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman: The Porsche basic warranty covers the vehicle for just 4-years or 50,000-miles with no additional coverage for maintenance or electronics systems.
What are Your Efficiency Requirements?
When you choose a powerful engine, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice fuel economy to do so. One of these vehicles provides drivers with more time between fill-ups – which means more time on the road:
- 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe: The F-TYPE gives drivers fuel efficiency of as much as 28 mpg according to the EPA. With a full tank of gas, that means the F-TYPE can travel up to 518 miles between gas stations.
- 2017 Porsche 718 Cayman: The Porsche Cayman promises up to 28 mpg in ideal conditions, but with a gas tank that only holds 14.5 gallons of fuel, that will only take drivers up to 406 miles. With the PDK transmission available in select areas, drivers could push that to 435 miles, but it still falls well short of the Jaguar.
Experience the Superior Design of the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe on Your Wayne and Newtown Square, PA Test-drive
The 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE delivers the dynamic performance discerning Wayne and Newtown Square drivers demand. Contact Jaguar of West Chester at (800) 446-8180 or visit us at 1568 West Chester Pike in West Chester, PA to see it for yourself.