2017 Jaguar XE vs. 2017 Audi A4
The 2017 Jaguar XE is far from the only sport sedan on the market, but it’s sure caught the attention of Wayne, PA and Wilmington, DE drivers at Jaguar West Chester. With so many competitors available, we know a sport sedan shopper has their work cut out for them, but we want to make it a little easier. We’ve compared the XE to one of its top competitors – the 2017 Audi A4 – to help you decide which is the better sport sedan for your dollar.
Before we break into some significant differences between the 2017 Jaguar XE and the 2017 Audi A4, we want to start somewhere a bit unusual: where they are the same. The XE and the A4 both have the exact same price, $34,900 (MSRP), representing an entry into the sport sedan world that is easily affordable for the young professional. We’re leading with the fact that these two cars cost the same because when you finish reading our comparison, we think we’ll have shown you a clear indicator of where the value lies.
Geared for Performance
If high-performance is a top priority, we have some unfortunate news about the 2017 Audi A4. Our Wayne, PA drivers know to expect the most out of a Jaguar model’s performance specs and features, and the 2017 Jaguar XE leaves the A4 placed squarely in its rearview mirror thanks to features like these:
- Rear-Wheel Drive: While both sedans have all-wheel drive available, the Audi has front-wheel drive as standard, forcing the engine to pull the car and giving a sluggish feeling to the acceleration. The XE, on the other hand, has rear-wheel drive as standard, ready to launch you from the line with 251, 318, or 332 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Engine Options: We had to offer three different torque specs up above because the Jaguar has three engine options to choose from while the Audi leaves drivers with just a single turbocharged four-cylinder no matter the model. Drivers who want the added power of a supercharged V6 or the improved torque and fuel economy of a diesel will find variety in the XE.
- Transmission: An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard on the Jaguar XE, complete with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. The Audi has a seven-speed automatic that functions more like a traditional automatic engine rather than allowing for the convenience of gear changes with just the flick of the wrist.
Performance features and options are just one part of the equation when shopping for a modern sport sedan like the 2017 Jaguar XE; features and amenities are another key necessity. Here’s a look at where the 2017 Audi A4 falls behind its Jaguar competitor:
- Infotainment System: The Jaguar features an 8-inch touchscreen interface for the InControl infotainment system with exclusive apps to bridge your smartphone and the XE while Audi’s system features a 7-inch display screen.
- Go Keyless: The Audi A4 may have upgrades for keyless entry and push-button ignition, but they come standard on the Jaguar XE, meaning you won’t ever have to dig for keys again.
- Safety Technology: Radar parking sensors let you back up and park with confidence on the Jaguar XE and serve a dual purpose as rear cross-traffic alert to warn of approaching cars. The Audi requires upgrades for comparable features.
See How the 2017 Jaguar XE Outperforms the 2017 Audi A4 at Your Leading Wayne, PA and Wilmington, DE Jaguar Authority
Now that you know a bit of what separates the 2017 Jaguar XE and 2017 Audi A4, stop by Jaguar West Chester at 1568 West Chester Pike for a test drive. Contact us online or give us a call at (800) 446-8180 to see why the so many Wayne, PA and Wilmington, DE drivers are choosing the XE.