How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Finding a new vehicle for your Chester Springs commute and adventures doesn’t have to be a hassle. Dealerships will often have a straightforward way to sell your current vehicle and then either apply that amount towards the vehicle or take the cash value. If you find yourself wondering, “How does selling your car to a dealership work?” read on with Jaguar West Chester to learn about car selling tips and what to expect when selling your car to Jaguar West Chester.
Tips for How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
So, how does selling your car to a dealership work? Before visiting the dealership, you should make sure that you’ve completed these steps first:
- Clean Up Your Car: An easy way to make your car more presentable is by having it washed and detailed. You should also consider replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats to give it a refresh and increase the value of your vehicle.
- Highlight the Benefits Of Your Car: Not only should you have a detailed history of maintenance for your vehicle, but you should also make note of any additional features or accessories you’ve added like extra key fobs or bike mounts, as it will increase the value of your vehicle while also making it more appealing to dealerships.
- Bring Your Car’s Title: Be prepared for the dealership’s process and have your vehicle’s title available when selling so you can save the dealer time and get your offer faster.
- Research the Car’s Value: Be sure to use the tools at your disposal. Sites like Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, and even Jaguar West Chester all offer a trade-in value tool where you can research your model and use that estimated value to negotiate your offer from the dealership.
- Select Your Dealership: Consider the age of the vehicle when selling a car at a dealership. If your model is newer and in good condition, most dealerships around Newtown Square will take your car despite their inventory or initial condition. However, older models may have an easier time being sold to a used car dealership.
What to Expect When Selling at a Dealership
After you’ve done your research and prepared for the sale, here’s what you can expect at a West Chester car dealership:
- Make an Appointment: Dealerships are always happy to help walk-ins, but for a quicker process, make an appointment so the dealer can already have the proper documents prepared.
- Speak to the Used Car Manager: From there, you’ll most likely be directed to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale, where they’ll take your information and run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Your Car Will Be Inspected: An interior and exterior inspection will be doneby the Used Car Manager or their service center to verify the mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: After you’ve received an offer, you can decide whether to accept what is offered, or you can visit another dealership to see if a better offer is available.
Benefits of Selling Your Car at a Dealership
Now, that you have an idea of how selling your car to a dealership works, you should know there are additional benefits that come with it:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: From listing your car online to fielding buyers and inviting strangers to your home for test drives, selling your car privately can come with a lot of hassles and a time commitment.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Selling at a dealership allows you to easily apply your trade-in value toward your new Jaguar. That means you can offset the price or significantly lower your monthly payments. Use our payment calculator tool to get an idea of your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: A benefit of applying your trade-in value towards a new model is that you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Get More Car Buying Tips From Jaguar West Chester
Now that you have a better idea of what to expect when selling a car at a dealership, contact us at Jaguar West Chester if you have any more car-buying questions. Explore more car-buying tips like “How to Trade in a Financed Car?” or “How Does a Lease Buyout Work?” We aim to take the worry out of the car-buying process!
Recent News from Jaguar West Chester
How fast is the Jaguar F-TYPE R? The luxurious 2022 Jaguar F-TYPE R can go from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds, making it an excellent vehicle for performance enthusiasts in the West Chester area. After getting behind the driver’s seat for a test drive, you won’t want to drive any other sports car on the…
Luxury. Power. Sophistication. It’s almost unfair that one automobile should possess so much of all three. And yet, the all-electric I-PACE continues to impress with the 2022 model year. Any new Jaguar I-PACE model would enliven your driveway, so what exactly makes the I-PACE HSE configuration so impressive? Learn more about the offerings of…
The thrilling 2021 Jaguar F-PACE has received lots of praise from industry experts and consumers alike for its sporty exterior and race-inspired performance, but the Jaguar F-PACE seating capacity, dimensions, interior colors, and features are also receiving high praise. West Chester car shoppers can expect nothing less from this luxury automotive brand, and we have…