2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe Performance
Bold, agile, and unlike anything else on the road today, the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe delivers the kind of impeccable performance that discerning Wayne, PA and Melbourne, PA drivers can’t get enough of. Explore the many features that make this one-of-a-kind sports coupe so special, then visit Jaguar of West Chester to feel the thrill in person.
2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Performance
With two potent engines to choose from, the F-TYPE Coupe offers drivers the opportunity to build the perfect balance of performance features to suit their driving style:
- 6-cylinder Engine – Drivers can choose the superior power of the 3.0L supercharged V6 powerplant mated to either the 6-speed ZF manual transmission or the 8-speed “QuickShift” ZF automatic transmission. This motor generates up to 340 hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque on the F-TYPE and F-TYPE Premium trims. The same motor and transmissions on the F-TYPE S trim and the British Design Edition are able to create as much as 380 hp and 339 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
- 8-Cylinder Engine – The F-TYPE R trim is powered by a supercharged V8 engine mated to an 8-speed “QuickShift” ZF automatic transmission to deliver 550 hp and 502 lb.-ft. of peak torque. On the SVR trim, this powerplant paired with the 8-speed “QuickShift” ZF automatic transmission creates 575 hp and 516 lb.-ft. of torque.
Other Performance Features
The engineers at Jaguar have designed the perfect balance of performance and style, offering innovative design, a lightweight chassis, and superior support for this modern supercar:
- AWD – Selected trims can be equipped with the brand’s signature Instinctive All-Wheel-Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics, which balances the vehicle’s ride and response while providing additional power as needed to prevent the vehicle from slipping during aggressive driving or challenging weather.
- Aluminum Structure – The extensive use of lightweight, high-strength aluminum in the body of the F-TYPE provides flexibility while significantly reducing the vehicle’s weight, making the coupe more stable and more responsive as well.
- Adaptive Dynamics – The vehicle is designed to adapt, both to the environment it encounters and to the driver’s style, incorporating sophisticated software that analyzes the information it receives to adjust engine dampers, transmission response, and stability control.
- Intelligent Driveline – The Electronic Active Differential and Intelligent Driveline Dynamics actively monitor the driver’s input and can respond to, and even predict, wheel slippage, increasing grip and power delivery to keep the car well under the driver’s control at all times.
- Torque Vectoring – The Torque Vectoring system applies independent power and braking to individual wheels as needed to ensure that inside wheels better maintain the road when cornering, improving control and enhancing performance.
- Ceramic Matrix Brakes – The innovative Carbon Ceramic Matrix braking system features 6-piston front and 4-piston rear brake calipers, creating the highest performance system Jaguar has ever offered on any of its performance vehicles.
Experience the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe Performance for Yourself at Your Wayne, PA and Melbourne, PA Performance Leader
Explore firsthand the power that the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE coupe performance features offer Wayne, PA and Melbourne, PA drivers today. Contact Jaguar West Chester at (800) 446-8180 or make an appointment to visit our showroom at 1568 West Chester Pike in West Chester, PA.