2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe Safety
The Jaguar F-TYPE coupe is a stunning study in artistic design, engineered to turn heads whether it’s on the Autobahn or in the Jaguar of West Chester showroom. But the brand’s engineers weren’t content to stop there. The 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe also delivers a full suite of impressive safety features created to keep Wayne, PA and Melbourne, PA drivers secure even as they enjoy the thrill of the open road.
2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe Safety Design
The F-TYPE’s lightweight aluminum body structure not only provides the coupe with a significant reduction in the vehicle’s overall weight, the high-torsional rigidity of the materials increases the vehicle’s responsiveness as well. This allows drivers to better avoid incidents on the road and, should that not be possible, additional use of high-strength steel in the vehicle’s safety cage and strategic crumple zones throughout give the coupe has a better chance of remaining intact in the event of a collision.
2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe Safety Features
Like many modern performance vehicles, the F-TYPE coupe is equipped with a number of impressive features to guarantee the safety of cabin occupants. However, Jaguar goes a step beyond most others:
- Performance Braking – The standard Jaguar Performance Braking system features large 14-inch front and 12.8-inch rear disc brake rotors to offer superior control during emergency braking maneuvers. This system is aided by features like Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Emergency Brake Assist, which can apply additional force as needed.
- Advanced Airbags – Two front and two side airbags help to protect cabin occupants from harm in the event of a collision, while front sensors ensure that airbags deploy with the right amount of force to protect smaller passengers from unnecessary harm.
- Torque Vectoring – The F-TYPE’s innovative Torque Vectoring Braking system applies measure brake force to the inside wheels during aggressive turns, allowing the driver better control and preventing slippage.
- Adaptive Dynamics – The F-TYPE can automatically analyze the driver’s input, including cornering, throttle usage, and braking style and apply that information to the vehicle’s damping strategy to tailor responsiveness to the driver’s unique style.
- Quick Response – The Quick Response Electronically Assisted Steering system offers an impressive 14.6:1 steering ratio for lighting fast response to driver input, allowing drivers to react quickly during emergency maneuvers.
- Intelligent Driveline – Traction is enhanced with the Intelligent Driveline which continuously monitors road conditions to provide drivers with the ideal amount of force to prevent wheel slippage.
- Active Differential – The F-TYPE is equipped with an active differential on the R and SVR trims that uses state-of-the-art technology to predict grip levels required based on a variety of factors to keep the vehicle’s response constant.
- All-Wheel Drive – Select trims feature the advanced Instinctive All-Wheel Drive system which applies extra force to individual wheels as needed to help drivers maintain control of the vehicle on slippery roads or during aggressive driving.
Explore the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Coupe Safety Features and See Why Wayne, PA and Melbourne, PA Drivers Can’t Get Enough
Test-drive the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE coupe and see how its advanced safety features can bring increased peace of mind to your Wayne, PA or Melbourne, PA commute. Contact Jaguar West Chester at (800) 446-8180 or visit our showroom at 1568 West Chester Pike in West Chester, PA for more information or to schedule your appointment today.