How To Clean Car Floor Mats
No matter how careful you might be around Chester Springs, car floor mats are bound to take a beating. As the first interior defense against mud, snow, and spills, it’s no surprise that they might need a little extra attention with more regularity than the rest of your interior, especially as winter sets in around Newtown Square. Learn how to clean car floor mats with the experts at Jaguar West Chester, then explore more of our car care tricks like these tire tips.
The Supplies You’ll Need
Depending on the type of floor mats you have, you’ll different sets of supplies:
- Rubber Floor Mats: A stiff bristle brush, hose or bucket of water, vacuum, rubber floor mat cleaner, microfiber towel or a place to hang your mats to dry
- Carpet Floor Mats: carpet floor mat cleaner, brush, hose or bucket of water, a vacuum, wet vac if available, or a place to hang your mats to dry
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
- To protect your vehicle from water damage, and to give you ease of access, remove the rubber floor mats from your Jaguar
- Shake out the rubber car mats, or beat them with a sturdy broom handle to knock away surface debris
- Use clean water to rinse off the mats
- A cleanser for rubber mats will safely and efficiently help you scrub away any residue and grime with a stiff bristle brush
- Rinse the mats clean
- Hang up to dry or dry with a microfiber towel. Make sure mats are completely dry before replacing them.
How to Clean Carpet Floor Mats
- Again, remove the floor mats from your vehicle
- Use a hose attachment if possible to vacuum the floor mats to remove the first layer of dirt.
- You can also shake or beat the carpet floor mats against a hard surface to get rid of dust and smaller particles a vacuum may miss
- Use a cleaner designed for car carpet floor mats and apply it to your floor mats. Each particular cleaner has specific instructions to maximize cleaning and treat your floor mats without damaging them, so be sure to follow them closely.
- Scrub the mats to remove any stains and ground-in debris.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- If you happen to have access to a wet vac, using one will help you dry the mats faster and will remove additional dirt. Be aware that hanging them up to dry may result in dripping
- Hang your mats to dry. They should be completely dry before you place them in your vehicle, otherwise, you run the risk of mold, mildew, and damage to your vehicle
Looking for Car Care Help Around Aston?
Whether you’re looking for the tools to help you with your floor car mats, or you want to upgrade your Jaguar’s interior with accessories to keep it pristine no matter the season, contact the West Chester parts center. Between our genuine parts and accessories, our service center experts, and a wide selection of Jaguar vehicles for any budget and lifestyle, Jaguar West Chester has you covered. Contact us today to make the most of your luxury vehicle with a quick and efficient scheduled service or simply learn more about your high-performance Jaguar.