2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible Performance
Elegant, refined, and powerful, the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible performance features offer Wayne, PA and Newtown, PA drivers access to one of the most responsive vehicles Jaguar of West Chester has ever had the pleasure to offer. Learn about the subtle dynamics of the F-TYPE Convertible, and then come experience this outstanding vehicle on your terms.
2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible Specs
Drivers can choose from four engine options when powering their 2017 F-TYPE Convertible, depending on the trim selected:
- Base V6: The 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible is powered by a 3.0L supercharged V6 powerplant mated to a 6-speed ZF manual or 8-speed “QuickShift” ZF automatic transmission. This engine produces 340 hp and 332 lb.-ft. of peak torque, allowing it to accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 5.5 seconds and offering a top speed of 161 mph.
- Sport V6: The F-TYPE S trim is equipped with a supercharged 3.0L V6 motor and 6-speed ZF manual or 8-speed “QuickShift” automatic transmission as well, but this potent powerplant generates 380 hp and 339 lb.-ft. of torque allowing it to accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 5.3 seconds with a top speed of 171 mph.
- Supercharged V8: The F-TYPE R Trim is powered by a supercharged V8 powerplant mated to the 8-speed transmission. This combination produces 550 hp and 502 lb.-ft. of peak torque, which allows the Convertible to accelerate from 0-60 mph in only 3.9 seconds with a maximum speed of 186 mph.
- SVR Supercharged V8: The final engine, available exclusively on the SVR trim, is a 5.0L supercharged V8 powerplant mated to the 8-speed automatic transmission. This combination produces 575 hp and 516 lb.-ft. of peak torque and allows the F-TYPE Convertible to accelerate from 0-60 mph in only 3.5 seconds with a top speed of 195 mph.
Other Performance Features
Drivers will also be able to look forward to these hallmarks of the brand’s top-class engineering:
- AWD: Select trims offer the Intelligent Drive Dynamics of Advanced All-wheel Drive for increased traction on challenging roads, without sacrificing agility.
- Active Sport Exhaust: Certain trims offer a driver-selectable Sport Exhaust system for enhanced airflow for enhanced performance and a more guttural, inspiring sound.
- Torque Vectoring: The F-TYPE is capable of independent braking with the torque vectoring technology that applies additional power to the inside wheels, maximizing grip on aggressive turns.
- Adaptive Dynamics: The AD system analyzes driver and road input to adjust electronically controlled dampers automatically for maximum comfort and responsiveness.
- Electronic Active Differential: This system works in conjunction with ABS, stability control, and traction control systems to manage torque output to each of the vehicle’s rear wheels for nearly instantaneous adjustment to handling, maximizing ride comfort and control.
- Carbon Ceramic Brakes: The brand’s exclusive Carbon Ceramic Braking system is the most powerful the automaker has ever offered on a production vehicle, delivers the pinnacle of active safety performance under the most extreme circumstances.
Experience the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible Performance During a Wayne, PA and Newtown, PA Test-drive Today
To learn more about the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible performance, or to schedule a Wayne or Newtown, PA test-drive, contact Jaguar of West Chester at (800) 446-8180 or visit our showroom at 1568 West Chester Pike in West Chester.