Trims and Pricing
There are seven trims available to choose from for the F-TYPE Convertible:
- F-TYPE: MSRP starting at $65,400
- F-TYPE Premium: MSRP starting at $69,900
- F-TYPE S: MSRP starting at $82,200
- F-TYPE S AWD: MSRP starting at $89,700
- F-TYPE R: MSRP starting at $108,250
- F-TYPE SVR: MSRP starting at $128,800
- F-TYPE British Design Edition: MSRP starting at $95,200
See F-TYPE Convertible Trims
There are a total of seven engine options available on the various trims of the F-TYPE Convertible:
- 3.0L Supercharged 340 HP RWD: This engine generates 340 hp and is available on the F-TYPE and F-TYPE Premium trims. You can choose between a manual or an automatic transmission. Expect a top speed of 161 mph. The manual transmission can achieve 0-60 mph in 5.5 seconds with 24 mpg/highway while the automatic clocks in at 5.1 seconds with 28 mpg/highway.
- 3.0L Supercharged 380 HP: This engine will generate up to 380 hp. You can choose between an automatic and manual transmission. With the automatic transmission, you can choose between RWD and AWD. The top speed id 171 mph, with the ability to achieve 0-60 mph in as little as 4.8 seconds (with automatic transmission and RWD). The manual RWD gets up to 24 mpg highway, the automatic RWD gets up to 27 mpg/highway, and the automatic AWD gets up to 26 mpg/highway.
- 5.0L Supercharged 550 HP: This engine gets up to 550 hp and comes with a manual transmission and AWD. The top speed is 186 mph, and you can get from 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds. You should see up to 23 mpg/highway according to EPA estimates.
- 5.0L Supercharged 575 HP: This engine is exclusive to the SVR trim and has an automatic transmission and AWD. The top speed is 195 mph, and you can get from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds. You’ll get up to 23 mpg/highway.
The F-TYPE owes its agility to its lightweight aluminum construction and expert balanced proportions for precise handling. The top can lower in as little as 12 seconds and is made from premium materials for maximum noise cancellation and performance while it’s up. Other features include adaptive LED headlights, distinct, slim taillights, and a front splitter under the grille to reduce air resistance.
Interior Features and Design
You’ll be able to choose your custom seats from which you’ll be able to control everything in the car with the touch of a button—all of which have been placed smartly within reach and in logical places on the steering wheel and dash. You’ll love the optional wind deflector, and you can choose ambient lighting colors to suit your mood:
- Jaguar InControl® – An 8-inch touchscreen display allows you to control everything from smartphone syncing to navigation and audio controls.
- Jaguar InControl® Remote – Use your smartphone to monitor journeys, unlock your car, and even start the engine remotely.
- Meridian Surround Sound – This sound system adjusts to give you optimal sound whether the top is up or down.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The NHTSA and IIHS have not yet rated the 2017 F-TYPE for safety. Here are some of the safety features you’ll find on the F-TYPE Convertible:
- Rollover Protection System: Working in tandem with the frame of the vehicle, this system minimizes the damage of impact in the event of a rollover collision.
- Blind Spot Monitor and Closing-Vehicle Sensing: This system removes the guesswork of moving in reverse, giving you a set of eyes for objects immediately behind your vehicle.
- Emergency Brake Assist: If your car detects that insufficient pressure is applied to the brakes, this preventive safety system will engage them automatically to prevent a collision.
2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible Reviews
Critics have plenty of praise for the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible, and seem just as thrilled as we are about its stellar offering:
- MotorTrend: “The all-wheel drive system, which can funnel up to 100 percent of torque to the rear wheels, has been optimized to deliver a sharper launch and more immediacy in terms of chassis response, and the steering, shocks, stability control system, plus the torque-vectoring electronic rear differential are all tuned to balance the car and allow the driver to take advantage of the quicker turn-in response and better rear-end grip afforded by the hardware changes.”
- Autoblog: “Well, Jaguar has gone and done it. The British marque hit the perfect sweet spot with its newest F-TYPE, the range-topping SVR, landing squarely in a price/performance segment its butt-engined rivals from Stuttgart aren’t playing in.”
- Car and Driver: “The Jaguar F-TYPE, easily the most beautiful car on sale, has cut a couple thousand off the price for 2017. Act fast—when will something this good happen again?”
- CarGurus: “F-TYPE owners are treated to a premium ownership experience. Jaguar’s Elite Care offers a 5-year fixed cost of ownership, which includes routine maintenance and a full warranty. A recent customer survey regarding dealership service visit satisfaction ranked Jaguar number one, ahead even of Lexus.”
See the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible Near Wayne and Melbourne, PA Today
Call us at 800-446-8180 to schedule a test drive for the 2017 F-TYPE Convertible near Wayne or Melbourne, PA today, or fill out our online contact form to have us call you with more information. You’ll find our dealership at 1568 West Chester Pike in West Chester, PA.