Weekend Getaways Near West Chester, PA
Warmer weather is quickly approaching, meaning it’s time to break out of hibernation for springtime fun—and that means checking out some weekend getaway possibilities near West Chester. Whether you’re dreaming of a beach trip, a cozy bed and breakfast, shopping extravaganzas, or any other array of attractions, there’s plenty located nearby which you can take advantage of. The team at Jaguar West Chester has some ideas for you to consider.
Head to the Amish & PA Dutch Countryside
Spend the weekend in Lancaster County, specifically to explore the Amish and PA Dutch countryside. The landscape is scenic, with rolling hills, lush grass, and farms boasting picturesque windmills. Don’t forget the horse and buggies you’ll encounter as you drive through the region. You’ll find antique shops, handmade items, the opportunity to learn about the Amish, and more, and you can even take flight over Lancaster County to see it all from above. There’s much to enjoy when you make this area your weekend destination!
Hit the Beach
Spring and summer mean one thing for West Chester residents: it’s time to hit the beach! There are countless state parks and lakes where you can relax, take a swim, and soak up the sun. Pack a picnic and head to any of the following locations for the weekend—and maybe even decide to rough it and go camping! All are a quick drive from the West Chester area.
- Marsh Creek State Park: Downsingtown, PA
- French Creek State Park: Elverson, PA
- Woodlands Camping Resort: Elkton, MD
- Red Point Beach: North East, MD
- Lake Garrison: Monroeville, NJ
- Nockamixon State Park: Quakertown, PA
- Crystal Beach Manor: Earleville, MD
- Parvin State Park: Elmer, NJ
- Elk Neck State Park: North East, MD
- Neshaminy State Park: Bensalem, PA
Plan a Staycation
Weekends away are always nice, but why not plan a weekend “getaway” right here in West Chester? You can even book a hotel to make it feel more like time away! Consider the following tours, museums, landmarks, and activities:
- American Helicopter Museum and Educational Center
- West Chester Restaurant Festival
- West Chester Railroad
- Stroud Preserve Equestrian Trails
- Sandy Hollow
- Downtown West Chester
- Chester County Art Association
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Zipline and aerial adventure parks
- Uptown! Knauer Performing Arts Center
Keep in Touch with Jaguar West Chester
For the latest and greatest happenings around West Chester, make sure to keep up with the Jaguar West Chester blog. Otherwise, simply keep in touch or visit the dealership to explore the latest Jaguar lineup, learn about the newest Jaguar technology, and secure competitive financing rates. Our team looks forward to working with you, and we hope you enjoy any weekend getaways you plan in the area!